View Single Post
Old 05-15-22, 04:10 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 822 Times in 453 Posts
Howdy, Neighbor.

Originally Posted by DBDad
Hi all,
New guy here....Is the market totally insane for these bikes now?
Hah. You must be in Wilmington! The market here has been an outlier for years. Bargains to be had in Raleigh and Asheville, but rarely in ILM. There are a few members scattered along the Coast, so if you post the size you think you're seeking, one of us may PM you once you have the 10 posts? (I, for one, have a 24 1/2" '74 International which doesn't work for me. And I am uninterested in profit.)

Keep an eye on the "Are You Looking For..." thread, as interesting examples often present, and on the "Frame Doesn't Fit Pass Around Game" or whatever it's called now.

You might also want to have a look at Dale Brown's Google Group list email I don't know what to call it thing "Classic-Rendezvous.". A lot of folks with deep and interesting history post there. His shop is in NC in the Triangle maybe?

With patience and perseverance and your budget you will have no problem finding a good rider.

Last edited by machinist42; 05-15-22 at 04:21 PM.