Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 03-22-20, 08:33 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
I always wear a helmet. And I'm starting to wear knee pads more. I just got them like 2 weeks ago. So I'm getting used to them now. I don't have elbow pads but I might get some eventually. I fell the other night and wracked my elbow on the blacktop. It's fine but a reminder.

Thanks for the compliment on the bike. I'm pretty fond of it at this point. The more I ride it the more I like it. And I'm tweaking it here and there to my liking. I was not overly fond of the color but it was the right deal and I didn't want to be hung up about the color. But I ordered a seat from Amazon that the picture shows it having each of those colors in it. The grips and the pedals. I'll be stoked if what they send me is actually what is pictured. Cuz it's a cool looking seat and will really tie it together I think. And change the look of the bike. Just making it mine.

I am riding every day though. I live in a rural area and we're not stuck inside. People walk their dogs and such. Nobody is getting close to anyone except in their own families.

Yesterday I went over to the parking lot at the park across the street from me. It is a lot better than my driveway and road.

I worked on manuals and I'm getting there. Still hard to ride one for a long distance. They got a wood fence type thing in front of some of the parking lots (see pic) that I can practice doing fakies on. And then I got closer than ever at landing a footjam tailwhip. I got my forward foot back on the top tube one time. That's as close as I've gotten and that was very exciting for me. LOL.

Likes For 3S1M: