View Single Post
Old 07-11-21, 02:41 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
I have a '17 Diamondback Podium. It has a high end frameset, wind tunnel designed aero high mod carbon. Same frame their World Tour team they sponsored rode. I wanted something all modern and up to date and I had never even ridden a carbon bike.

The bike weighs nothing and it rides smoother than any steel bike I ever had. You can even flex the seat stays by hand, they're like mini shock absorbers. The first time I rode it I had to pull over and make sure I didn't lose air pressure.

Being honest with myself I have to admit it's the best bike I ever owned. But there's just something about it I don't like that I can't even put my finger on. A love/hate relationship. I'll go months without riding it, then I'll take it out and think "damn this is the ultimate bike". Then it will sit for a couple of more months. I'm trying to debate if I should have a tubular wheelset built for it which would really make it perfect for me or just put it up for sale while I can still get a decent amount of money for it.
Likes For Lazyass: