Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Broctoon
<snip>I'm sincerely surprised to see how many here don't agree. I would have expected many others to reply to Larry's question saying clipless pedals bring big benefits, especially for climbing.
tbh - I was as well but I don't get to spend all day out here anymore and considering the number of threads about running 30mm tires at 50 psi I just kind of figured no one left here is actually a roadie.

Riding a road bike in road situations at speed without foot retention is just not at one with the roadie experience. We can spend all day debating the efficacy with respect to pedaling efficiency, the safety of not pulling out of the pedal under power, the immense added control over the bike that the binding system gives to the rider but at the end of the day you either get it or don't. Those that don't ... well their minds can't be changed and who are we to change them? This falls squarely under the, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink" heading.

Clipless pedals aren't a conspiracy. They work and work so well that they not only continue to be the pedal of choice but they continue to be innovated almost incessantly. Hell even the non-cycling people in all of the spin and peloton fads know it.

Likes For Psimet2001: