View Single Post
Old 01-28-22, 06:39 PM
slowpacer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
How do you like those Vee Speedsters in your size? I have a set of them in 26x3.5" size that I've had on my Surly Pugsley, but they self-steer some kind of awful...likely more related to the size than anything. Do they feel more or less like any other bike tire you've had in your size? As you begin to lean in to a corner, does it feel like the bike wants to unnaturally steer itself further and further into the turn, forcing you to intervene, or does the bike more or less ride naturally like it did before them?

Otherwise...how about things like ride comfort and noise? Generally satisifed with them? They look good...and I hear the wear like iron.
I was able to ride around the block a few times today and noticed a little oversteering (or whatever it's called) like you mentioned, then i swapped the front wheel with another one that has 32mm Panaracer GK Slick tire and it felt more or less the same to me. I think the steering characteristic you mention could be related to headset but can't be sure.
As for noise, yes it does make some road buzz on pavement but it doesn't sound annoying to me, the Panaracer Slicks are virtually silent compared to them but it is expected because of tire size and pattern.
Comfy-wise, they are comfortable but not too cushy. Both tires at 60-65psi (both new) and the Vee felt slightly more comfortable.

I don't have experience with this tire's flat protection or long term wear but looks like Marin made a good tire choice considering the price of this bike. Would i buy it again? If the price is right i would, but seems like they're selling for more or less same as Panaracer GKs in which case i would not.
Likes For slowpacer: