Old 08-02-23, 11:32 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3,022 Times in 1,939 Posts
Originally Posted by Roughstuff
The oddest observation I always make is to ask “why do (so many) folks who live in big cities even HAVE cars?” Aren’t they a pain in the butt? And when I lived in London (my only big city….only a 6 month assignment) everything was in walking distance: a pub, stores, small parks, etc. Seems to me NYC was similar whenever I visited. I worked the second shift so I missed morning and late afternoon “ rush hour” anyway.
imo, some drive because of the "safer" feeling as some can be targeted by pedestrian crime when not in a vehicle. Also, weather plays a factor as well as health.
I know I wouldn't ride a bicycle in most of my areas when winter weather hits, especially in areas where it can leave you vulnerable to bad people.
lastly, some places of employment have a stringent policy to follow if one wants to cycle in, making the experience unfavorable to a certain extreme & changing attire is a huge hassle.
Why would someone go thru all the redtape, inconveniences, hassles when they can drive in?