Old 03-28-24, 07:41 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6269 Post(s)
Liked 4,863 Times in 3,352 Posts
You have to consider if the place you bought it from is really a full service bike shop or just a sales outlet. And just because they might have a mechanic that can wrench bicycles, doesn't mean that person knows anything about wheels. I've DIY'd my own bikes for over 60 years now. But I don't do wheels. I rather they be done by someone that does them often and that wouldn't be me.

If they pulled the wheel that much off center truing it, then I'd wonder if the spokes on the left side of the wheel are not protruding inside the rim. And the right side spokes hanging on by a few threads. But I don't claim to be a wheel person. Not my cup of tea for the DIY I like to do. So maybe see if any of the other persons that actually build wheels has any input on that thought.

I don't know if it's been ask yet, but have the fork ends alignment with the frame been checked? There wouldn't need to be much difference in the length of one to the other for it to be off center at the top of the fork. Though flipping the wheel did show that the rim isn't centered between the hub's OLD. So that still is the bigger issue.

Last edited by Iride01; 03-28-24 at 07:50 AM.