Old 07-14-09, 05:55 PM
qmsdc15
Banned

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I had a pretty good day. The best errand I ran was food. I don't understand why some messengers look down on food delivery guys. Only delivering envelopes make you special I guess. McCormick and Schmick to a client's office. I was just going, going, trying to fit in as many stops as I could before going for this pick which I mistakenly remembered as an 11:30, not having time to look again at the details, I just had to go go go because I had a lot of other things to do. I didn't get there until 11:45 which was the correct scheduled pick-up time, perfect. The restaurant had been told to have it ready at 12. Our clients sometimes tell us to be there before something is supposed to be ready, just to improve delivery time, no delay. Typically this happens on rush jobs this one was a double rush. Typically the people at the pick complain, "Hey, we said it would be ready at noon", and they did just that here. I told them "no problem", although I had four jobs ahead of me, this one had priority. I sat at the bar and watched the jersey presentation of the TDF and after a long while, a replay of the finish which looked like the easiest of Cavendish's wins so far. Then after waiting 25 minutes and I was really hungry, I never got a chance to eat the lunch I packed until I got home, the barmaid said it would be another five, so I ordered a wheat beer with a slice of lemon just so I could get some vitamins C and B, and some calories and hydration. I tried to pay, but she refused my money. HDTV looks horrible to me, but I might be back for some of the mountain stages. The client paid extra for the time I spent watching TDF and drinking free beer, I got some rest and what passed for lunch today.

Four cases of wine from a lobbyist to a congressman's office, in front of a memorial to James Garfield.

I did 18 freight runs today, which is better than my average day. Probably could have done more if my tire wasn't rubbing the fender. If you look close you can see it in the above pic.

Last edited by qmsdc15; 07-14-09 at 06:04 PM.