View Single Post
Old 04-21-21, 09:28 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4769 Post(s)
Liked 7,738 Times in 3,658 Posts
Originally Posted by ericcox
My GP5ks definitely lost air much faster than my Pzeros. I had to add air to the GP5ks every few days. I can ride the Pirellis for several days without losing air.

So far, I am in love with the Pirellis and would buy them again. I'm guessing they are not quite as durable as the GP5ks based on the wear I'm already seeing, but the tradeoff in comfort, ease of use, and overall performance may be worth it. For one, I'm not sure that if I flatted on the side of the road with a hole too big to seal that I could have gotten the GP5ks off and back on the rim on the road side with regular tire levers. I could do it easily with the Pirellis.
Hmm...I'm used to topping off my tires every time I ride, even with tubed tires, so adding a few psi with tubeless is "normal" for me.

I managed to repair GP5k on the side of the road. it was messy, and difficult, but I did it. Good to hear that the Pirellis are working well for you. I will keep them in mind when it's time to change out my GP5Ks.