View Single Post
Old 05-03-21, 12:27 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
If I'm being honest, I've been interested in some of the Spec tires in the past, but they're so tight with their pricing and I'm a cheap-ass that's always lookin' for a deal.
The deal is that their tires are actually some of the best in the market...but as pointed out, they get no respect because they aren't a "tire brand." On my old gravel bike, now "rain bike"/commuter, I've run continuously for several years now the Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss Ready 30/32. Tend to be pretty snug to mount, but I've always been able to pump them up with a track pump, they seal nicely and hold air reliably, and they run great at 45-50psi, don't seem to suffer punctures until the tread is nearly gone, which is when I swap them out (both ends at the same time). I have gotten between 3-4k km on a rear, which is surprising for a tire with the grip they have. At $40 a tire, with their proven durability AND performance (in real world), I find them to be a great tire, albeit not a hardcore road tire....

it is rumored they've discontinued this tire, if so, I hope they replace it with something equally as awesome...or I'm going to be back to searching for a big volume road tubeless tire for that bike.