View Single Post
Old 05-17-06, 10:35 AM
orange leader
B-b-b-b-b-b-bicicle Rider

Bikes: 1997, stumpjumper S-works hardtail, Medici, Giant Perigee(track dropouts and fixed gear), Columbia twosome, schwinn twinn, '67 raleigh 5 speed internal hub, Old triumph 3 speed, old BSA 3-speed, schwinn Racer 2spd kickback, Broken raysport criteriu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ya Tu Sabes
Here's my chopper. It's some old BMX frame that I extended the wheelbase on by bolting on pieces from the rear triangle of a junky mountain bike. One day a week, my mother-in-law babysits my one-year-old, so I have to drive to her house in the morning to drop him off. I built this ride over the weekend so I could keep it locked up near her place (which is only about a ten-minute ride to work), park my car in her garage, and then tool over to the office. Yesterday was the inaugural ride and I got plenty of funny looks while cruising through downtown Boston in my work clothes. It helps that I'm 6'4", so I look especially absurd on this thing, even though it's pretty comfortable to ride. (As you can perhaps tell, the emphasis in this build was on keeping costs and attractiveness down, since the bike has to be locked outside most of the time. Most of the parts were from the garbage, but I had to buy the copper pipe, er, I mean the seat post at Home Dep-- the LBS, and the wheels, fork, and saddle came from a cheap kids' bike from Target. Total cost: $40.)

How the heck do you reach the handlebars AND the pedals simultaneously?