Old 05-04-16, 04:04 PM
McBTC

Bikes: 2015 22 Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by NeilGunton
Ok, I went there, and this is what I saw when I tried to read one of the articles... So, is that what you want crazyguyonabike to become? "Access to the rest of the content on this page requires either a Premium or Unlimited Membership"?

Not me, sorry. Thanks but no thanks.

Neil
Did I ever tell you about a tour I was on with a couple of fellow riders when we ran into a guy named Sloyd?

He was hanging out in what had become a well-known hostel. Cyclists could camp there for free on a patch of grass or under a roof. The hostel was behind a roadside fruit and vegetable store conveniently located in the middle of nowhere, Oregon about midway between 50¢ hiker/biker camps that were a day's ride in either direction.

Supposedly, Sloyd was waiting for a frame that was to arrive any day my mail. Sloyd showed us how he could pull the seat tube out of the butt on the bike's bottom bracket.

We learned later that Sloyd had been camping out there for months. During that time he'd probably lived on donations while carving his name on all plywood bunks that lined the wall of an old barn out back behind the store.

I guess it's hard to forget a name like, Sloyd.