john m flores 
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 714 Times in 341 Posts
Originally Posted by wesgreen
How do you like it so far? It looks somewhat like a Dahon Vitesse copy, but with a real, not "integrated", crank and chainring, and a derailleur instead of the Vitesse standard igh.
If it's built well, you got a deal!
Initial impressions - wow, this thing is pretty well built! Out of the box, the wheels were pretty true. There was a little brake rub front and rear so I let out a little cable and it's good now. Braking is solid - I can do a stoppie with the front. Front wheel bearings are good. Rear is good but feels a little tight. May have to look into it. Frame hinge solid if a little tight; need two hands to work the safety and release. It's very digital - it's either locked or not, there's little feeling of progression as you move the lever through its arc of travel followed with a final lock. Do other folders behave similarly?

Likewise with the seatpost quick release. I had to tighten it to prevent the seat from drifting down, but now locking is very digital with little progressive feel.

Contrary to specs, mine's got a Shimano rear cassette. Shifting is solid. Tweaking the cable tension to get it just right. Replaceable derailleur hanger is a nice touch.

Took less than a mile to adjust to the 20" wheels. Bike is agile and fun to ride. You can feel bumps and potholes more, but I'm used to riding racing bikes with 23mm 115 psi tires and am used to unweighting the saddle.

I haven't put it on a scale but it sure does feel like it's 23#. Makes me wonder how they made it comparatively lighter than others at this pricepoint.

At the train station, I folded it, kept the seat extended and rolled it around. It was ok if a little clumsy. Rolls more easily unfolded.

It's early miles still. We'll see how it holds up over time. Right now, I'm loving it!