Old 08-20-20, 10:36 AM
mongol777

Bikes: are all mine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Kobe
I came close to getting a Roadini before I got my Gunnar, they were very similar except the largest Roadini was one size too small for me. The Roadini is a terrific deal at $900.

Your build is is making me regret it. Looks Great.
Gunnar is on my list as is Waterford. My only reservation for Roadini were some opinions on the webs that it is heavy, blah, blah, blah. Yes, it is not uberlightweight but it is not heavy either. Definitely lighter then Mr Pink per my subjective weighing procedures :-). And difference is quite interesting - Mr Pink felt a bit overbuilt quite often vs Roadini has this let's go at whatever pace you are feeling today. I have another Columbus Zona bike (Marinoni Ciclo) and it 100% feels livelier and lighter the Mr Pink was (which is also Zona for main and cromoly for stays and blades). I still like All City frames a lot but I find them overbuilt as well - had Nature Boy in Reynolds 853, same story.
And the more bikes I ride the more I realize that while nice tubing is nice to have - geo, fit, right gearing for the job (SS or multi) and tires trump everything else for me.
Likes For mongol777: