View Single Post
Old 02-19-22, 04:23 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
I'm a cat person. Dogs and I don't get along, I've lost count how many times I've been bitten while out on the daily bike ride. I married a dog person. She'd been bugging me from the day she moved in with me (a year before the wedding) that we needed a dog in the house. Three years ago, she finally talked me into going to the county pound to find a small (my one unbreakable stipulation) dog. As is my usual attitude when I hit the pound, I didn't go looking for a dog. I walked around looking for a dog that wanted me to take him home badly enough.

Which is how we ended up with Harley. Chihuahua and terrier mix, and there's got to be a bit of whippet in his genes as it's obviously when he gets into zoomie mode. One of 23 dogs that was living in bad enough squalor that the country moved in and took them all. What I ended up with was the perfect dog for a dog hater. Intelligent, loving, loyal, and . . . . . well I can't say enough positive things about him. If this is what all dogs were like, I'd have had one decades ago.

Yes, he rides in my lap on trips.

He's not exactly crazy about the weather getting cold enough where he needs to wear a sweater.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)

Likes For sykerocker: