Old 10-07-22, 02:11 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5789 Post(s)
Liked 2,581 Times in 1,431 Posts
Sorry, but not surprised, to hear that you've struck out so far.

As I posted earlier, membership in this forum is spread very thin across the globe, so it's not likely many (any?) people in the Toronto area saw it. You need to focus locally, ie. local news, including any cable channels, a local community forum, or personally doing the rounds of bike shops with your photos. Also print and laminate those photos, along with the basics and post them in the area and along the cyclists presumed route (guess, and cover some bases) where someone might see them and make a connection. At the same time, take those fliers around to bike shops. In our world, many people will recognize the bike more easily than they might the rider.

Lastly, and maybe this should have been first, contact a local attorney that specializes in accident cases. They know where and how to get evidence, and track people down, plus you'll need one to sue and get some justice.

Cases like yours are more about perseverance, than anything, so prepare for a long siege.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.