View Single Post
Old 11-16-22, 06:54 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked 753 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Rudy Project. They have Rx inserts. If your Rx changes, you can get new inserts instead of buying new lenses.
I owned some Rudy Project glasses with inserts in the distant past and they worked out well. It was nice that you could replace the inserts. I had different colored lenses for different conditions. You could replace parts that were worn out or damaged. Eventually I destroyed them in a crash badly enough that the inserts and required parts would have cost more than repairing them.

These days I just wear regular glasses, but I have considered buying something like the Rudys again.

Back in 2009 I bought mine from SportRx. Since they were on the opposite coast we did the whole deal via email. Rob Tavakoli was super helpful. I corresponded with him on all my fit issues and previous issues with my previous glasses. He suggested what he thought would work based on all of that and my prescription. He sent out frames to try on before making the prescription inserts. Everything worked out really well and I wound up with exactly what I wanted.

I had also at one point used a pair of Optic Nerve Red Hawks with an insert with my distance prescription. That was a more "bargain basemant" solution, but it did work. That was maybe 15 years ago so I don't know if they make the Red Hawks any more. There are other inexpensive glasses with inserts if you are into cheap sunglasses. A search for sunglasses with inserts will turn up a few. Something like this is one option:
https://opticalfactor.com/collection...sunglasses-set

Edited to add that I am at the age (71) where I am probably about due for cataract surgery and may be able to ride with no presctiption again after that. I am overdue for an eye exam so I ought to make an appt.

Last edited by staehpj1; 11-16-22 at 07:01 AM.
Likes For staehpj1: