Old 11-17-22, 01:28 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
You are absolutely correct. On Zwift there are a variety of training plans available. The tough part will be figuring out, since I prefer to ride outdoors when the weather is decent, how to work one around the other. I am not looking to compete, but just retain what I have and improve a bit before the inevitable backslide of aging really hits. I figure the farther I am ahead then, the fall won’t be so great. I was reading about decline in VO2 (aerobic capacity) of senior ‘athletes’ and it was quite startling how fast it will decline if one either stops their activities or just noodles around. Being surrounded by hills, I need to be able to continue to climb well or I will forever feel like I am flogging myself on the hills or my rides will be restricted to a very small valley area - which would be just too boring.
Then I'll ask the same question I asked(more or less) in post 4. What are you going to do when the backslide hits? You going to quit? As long as you're still out there plugging away, it's all good. That's the only thing that matters in the long run.