View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 04:49 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Still cooked from the weekend, which is odd but there's a good reason for it. I've changed to a new position now that most of my hip pain is gone and it feels like I'm hitting different muscles on the bike; it feels right so hopefully this is a good sign. Those muscles also feel like they've never been used, lol. Looks like Tuesday Night is out, I may do it easy but no 'racing'.

After about 8 years I can't 'snap my hip' (slide muscles over my femur making a snapping sound) and it feels normal. Its been 8 years and I've tried everything so I'm still cautious about it. I've also dropped about 6,000 in medical bills to fix it.

Originally Posted by Heathpack
Cute dog @furiousferret. I'm going to be in Santa Cruz and Carmel next week during Sea Otter. Lots of fun riding for me. Probably impractical to try to meet up since you're racing, but message me if you have spare time.

I didn't ride much this past weekend on account of going to an Earthdog trial Sat and Sun and then dropping my chain while rolling down my driveway on Sunday and jacking up the derailleur on my TT bike. Missed a strength workout too (but got convinced by dog friends to start my doxie in scent work).

But behold the power of a weekend of rest: you rock your Tuesday workout. Was supposed to do 9 min at "max," followed by two 9 minute threshold intervals. Wasn't sure what to do for "max," I've been struggling to do 108% for awhile but last time rocked that. Decided to go for something like 110% and hit 111%. Which wasn't even "max," based on my HR sitting a few beats below threshold even at the end (on a trainer!). Felt good enough to target 103% at 98 rpm for the other intervals, again never got to threshold HR and rode two beautiful negatively split intervals.

Boo yah.
Sea Otter is on the fence because of the wife's travel. Between my on call (50% of the time) and my wife's travel it unfortunately cuts out the race schedule...probably like 75% I can't do. I'm okay with it now because my form isn't really there but its also a chicken and egg thing; if I race more, racing gets easier.