Old 10-10-19, 02:42 AM
ricrunner

Bikes: Malvern Star Oppy S1 Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I have hosted 3 times in the last 3 years to cyclotourists, but am not on WS or CS. I have a notice on a 3 boards for cyclotourists only, on the main route that they tourer on , which is known as the inland route, but I am a fair way off the inland route as well. In the first case, had a 96 yo guy, whom I had been conversing on ****** with, and he had just come back from a 5 year world tour, so I offered him a place, for as long as he wanted, but he only stayed a night. We got on real well, and on his return early this year from a 2 year Aussie tour, he stayed for a week, and wanted to pay me for all costs, which I did not except, I was happy with his company. Then a few months after his visit, I had a couple for 2 nights from Germany, a bit standoffish, but quite nice. And then another single, a lady with a small dog, and as I tour with my own dog, she stayed for 2 nights, she actually needed a good rest and slept most of those 2 days. These guests, were excellent, and I will keep on doing it. I personally don't use WS or CS, as I prefer to camp on my own, and do like my own company on my trips. Sure I intermingle, with other tourers, now and again, but being just with myself and my dog, I look forward to that aspect of the trips.

Last edited by ricrunner; 10-10-19 at 02:52 AM.