Old 04-03-20, 11:42 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Irrelevant until when and if it creaks, but it came with a Wheels Mfg screw-together BB to accommodate the Shimano crank (mystery upon mystery) so some of the risk has been mitigated.

What's at least as disturbing to me is that Australian guy with the video, posted somewhere here, on the idiotic, self-destructing, steering stop in the head tube of the top-end aero model.

I will say one other thing, as a boat guy I'm always interested in the unfinished side of composites, i.e., what the builder thinks you're not looking at. The guy who sold me the wheels had a couple of new R5 frames and I took a good look at the tubes and ran a finger around as best I could. Not knowing much about bikes, I would rate the work as pretty good.
Yeah, I got a Wheels BB, too - I also have a 24mm spindle, so prolly the same one. It's well made, it fit the shell nicely and it's quiet as a vol(e). Not concerned in the least.

Since I got my R3 as a frameset, I obviously got a good look at it. Scary light and crazy thin in places, but the exposed innards - BB area and HT - were all tidy.

And yeah, I've seen that same video on that aero model. That stop looks like a really weird decision - most companies simply rely on the handle smashing in to the top tube.