Thread: Zach Gallardo
View Single Post
Old 10-31-22, 02:14 PM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
I'm okay with Zach. At least he's out there doing something somewhat positive.

It's too easy to take pot shots at someone on a forum, and is not good form.

As for his style, that's his personal choice. You do you, and I'll do me thank you very much.

I would compare him to Ryan Van Duzer, or Russ on Path Less Pedaled. They're all people who ride bikes and make videos about it. Glad they do it too. More could.

Personalities projected onto the the platform are an integral part of the enterprise.

As for that attempt to ride to San Diego, which I was really interested in watching unfold, rather than collapse; it was an interesting story really. I appreciated his candor about this adventure. Early in the going I began to feel some unease when he expressed genuine and well founded trepidation on riding around traffic. It was going to be scorers of miles with even worse traffic.

Add in the fact that it's fixed touring and he tried to document the activity on youtube, makes it harder than it already would be. So it was a bold commitment.

I was bummed he had to quit.

But it is important for the potential audience to see real things. Things do not always work out as planned, mis-planned, or okay by accident.

It all goes along with Zach's motto: "Be reasonably dangerous."

So that tour was a bit edgy and dangerous, but not really truly dangerous at the same time.

Did it seem reasonable to you? Probably. It seemed like he was going go all the way.
Likes For Sorcerer: