View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 06:46 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3359 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Mx needed an eval flight done, and with my supreme flying skills I was the obvious choice.......

I was in the right place at the right time. One of our aircraft needed the radar altimeter replaced, once the new one was in there they needed to test it out, make sure it was working right. It’s integrated into a lot of our systems as well as telling us extactly how high we are AGL. So I got to shoot some low approaches and fly low level around harrisburg to make sure it was working properly. I didn’t get to buzz the tower though, ironically the pattern was full.
Excellent!

How was it flying the ERJ empty?

Reminds me of my father when he was a safety officer in the T-37. Lots of times he would get sent out in a Tweet with a couple of hours of gas and a short test itinerary. So he would complete his required tasks, then climb to the top of the MOA and do acro the whole way down. I think besides flying Eagles it was his favorite time in the USAF.

Related, I have an entry in my log book for spin orientation training in a T-37. I'm quite happy with that .75 or so of twin turbine time