View Single Post
Old 09-09-22, 08:08 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
The people posting on these Addiction threads are very similar to those when I was more active on BFs around five years ago. Still good talk about many aspects of cycling, and the occasional post about sailing. And the ways of life.

Yes, I am still riding with Machka, although not as far as it was annually five years ago. But I am gradually returning to doing more and will hopefully tick over 3,000km this year (don't ask me what that is in miles, because we don't deal with miles in Australia, but getting close to 2,000 I think).

Our bike list hasn't changed at all, so we are still on the various bikes we were five years ago, including our ttitaniums and tourers. I still have a CF bike I am aiming to get to 10,000km total distance by the end of the year after the Hasa titanium gets to 15,000km. Disc brakes are rare among the 20-plus bikes we own, but Machka is keen on the idea of getting electronic shifters in her next bike, whenever that might be.

Strava continues to be our faithful recording system for all rides, and we even connect it with Zwift trainer resullts, although I am not a racer in that (and neither is she), but the TV images are great when using our old-fashioned trainer set-ups. I can even identify some of the spots we ride through because we have really been there in the past.

We are spending this weekend away at our favourite destination, and plan to do a ride up to 100km depending on the weather which is currently rainy. If the rain does persist, we will do a 50km ride tomorrow -- the 50s have been recognised by Audax and we have been doing one a month together for around three years. The 100 would be a breakthrough for me... the longest "50" was really about 73, so I am getting back there. And Machka has shown her incredible ride planning skills that originated in Canada by coming up with excellent routes that even help to minimise the dangers from other road users.

Anyway, I may drop in a bit more often to join the discussions.