View Single Post
Old 09-26-22, 10:07 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 946 Times in 553 Posts
Originally Posted by jethro00
<<thats a sure sign your not going fast enough the bugs should be just bouncing off of you.>>
That's just mean blaming the victim

From time to time, we hit a big patch of gnats on the river levee and I imbibe a bit of protein. Ducks appear to have poor eye sight. On occasion, a duck flying at a high rate of speed will come real close to running into me as it crosses to or from a lagoon. We sometimes have to brake for a squirrel who freezes trying to decide which way to run. A number of times I have braced for a squirrel "speed bump" which has come close but thankfully never actually happened. We keep an eye on the occasional alligator sighting at the river's edge, but none have ever come within striking distance. We have come closer than I like to remember to a coyote a few times. But, these wasp stings are a new experience. I think we will start carrying a tube of Benadryl just in case.
I get face fulls of nats. the closest we came was with a black cat. I did a squirrel speedbump on my single once. small snakes are hard to miss as they are black. almost got a skunk too.