Old 10-09-22, 10:36 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
Yesterday I saw the lady I helped with the seat mast trouble 3 weeks ago. She was at the start but did a different ride but we did talk for a few minutes. She ended up buying a new mast for $200 because she wanted zero offset. I don't like the design and I wonder how many grams it saves. Do you get to pick the offset when you buy the bike or does it come with one and you have to buy a different one if you need it? It's a new Emonda.

Whoever set it up for her did it wrong and on top of that the saddle clamp was loose enough to tilt way up on a climb and then it was stuck and we couldn't rotate it back. I rotated the mast 180 degrees to get the saddle level so she could ride home. My friend found an on-line article where they said you have to knock the rotating part of the mast out with a punch, (it's 2 pieces) and put carbon paste on it so it doesn't seize in place. I'm thinking the shop should have done that when they put it together.
The stock offset is something like 20-25mm. You have to buy the zero setback, but some shops might do a swap for you. The clamp/level adjustment can be tricky, but if you're semi-competent and once you've done it a couple times, it's fine.