Old 03-21-21, 07:34 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Stay-at-home dad that's a better cook than mom (my wife can do a little baking, but is out of sorts in a kitchen, otherwise). I get some enjoyment and satisfaction out of cooking, and I'd say that I'm competent, but no Iron Chef candidate. Breakfast was my thing before the kids came along - we used to have friends and neighbors over for brunch pretty regularly. My wife's cousin will still bring up the eggs Benedict brunch that I made for the crew when we stayed with them while visiting 15 years ago. I think they want to do that again, but that was a ton of work - it was for something like 10-12 people, I don't know what I was thinking.
I would have really enjoyed that gig! Only problem was that my wife’s career choice could not produce an income even close to mine. When we had our first, I made five times what she made, so she “retired” and stayed home with our kids. We found a huge value in having a stay at home parent, but recognize that it’s not for everyone.

I enjoy cooking, and typically take the lead when entertaining. Similarly no Iron Chef candidate. Also enjoy making breakfasts, and really like a good omelet and Eggs Benedict.

Had a really good Benedict at our hotel today - Pain au lait, tomato jam, slice of pork belly (about 1/4” thick), eggs, and a dill hollandaise.
Likes For Mojo31: