Old 09-16-22, 07:00 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Branko D
Not comparing tires at the same pressure what's the point of that? I mean... "I'm running a tubeless setup at about 72 psi" - well, what do you expect? That's too little for a narrow tire.

When you use normal hooked tubeless rims and just ride tubeless at 90-100 psi (or whatever is appropriate for your weight) tubeless tests faster than any tube type bar latex in every single test, all things being equal. Hookless tubeless wheels which are limited to 72,5 psi don't make any sense with anything thinner than a 28mm tire, and even that is going to be a bit low pressure wise for most riders if you're looking for maximum speed on a decent road surface.
I think it's relative. I'm running a hookless & TL setup here on 28mms @ 70PSI back & 65PSI front. I weight 165lbs.

Tried 75 and 80 (not recommended, I know), and I prefer 70. The part of the rear tire that touches the tarmac does not deform (flatten?) very much when my arse is on my saddle. I could probably go even lower without any significant increase in RR.