Old 09-25-21, 11:10 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3907 Post(s)
Liked 4,859 Times in 2,241 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
LOL such a contradiction...Please explain how you not giving your money to offshore builders when you purchase something made in Italy....and don't forget that all the electronics in your car and at your home are also made in Taiwan or China....You're giving your money to off-shore manufacturers whether you like it or not, that's just the reality of our present day economics.
You are correct. Except about my car which is non-existent. And I like the 1 world economy. Good for the Earth's population.
I just dislike 'off th peg' bikes from the industry leaders; however, my dislike is not based on any quality issue, or animosity toward Asian suppliers. They just seem cookie-cutterish. Modern American made bike components (unfortunately) are rare. Frames can come from everywhere. The convention is to call a bike's identity by the frame. Maybe we should change that convention. Using tires as the identifying convention for my bikes = they are Italian, German and Thai - mostly. @wollfchild - I love my Wolfpack tires. Peace & Love.

Following on with the 'tire identifying' concept - maybe all bikes should be identified as either Tubed Clincher, Tubeless Clincher, Tubular, or Solid. I prefer tubular bikes.

Last edited by Wildwood; 09-25-21 at 11:30 AM.
Likes For Wildwood: