View Single Post
Old 04-01-24, 08:09 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7062 Post(s)
Liked 11,129 Times in 4,750 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
If you want a inexpensive Chinese made TI bike, your best bet might be Planet X and their Titus Roadrunner Sram Force 1 TI bike for $2,443. If that price is still a bit high, then go to the Pros Closet, they sell used TI bikes without the headaches that Ebay could give you.
The OP stated his preference pretty clearly, and it does not include buying something through the internet:

Originally Posted by boomer58
I did not mean to start an internet feud, I will NOT be buying a bike directly from China. My local shop is a Moot dealer and I was in there quite awhile back looking at one. It is a gorgeous bike but something I would not get the full benefit of compared to someone else who is in much better shape and abilities than I am. I told him it would be way out of my reach to purchase the Moot he had on display. He told me about Hi-Light and that he was considering carrying their line and he would have a couple coming in soon to see how they are. He has them put together but I wasn't able to ride one. The quality of the bike looks excellent, as I stated before the welds all looked very clean and the only way to tell is to x-ray them but who does that. The reason I would rather deal with him is he is 1/4 mile from the trail I ride, super nice people, if there is a problem he is there vs sending it back to Chattanooga. The Lynskey's and Litespeeds look excellent and have a great reputation but being close by the local shop is a big plus, boomer