View Single Post
Old 02-20-21, 12:27 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
It sounds like you kind of figured it out. I probably would look at an alt bar of some sort. Maybe with a bit of sweep back (but not too much) and of course the proper Ergon GC1s. I would also look at at the Microshift thumbies. I think those are just tops. I would probably consider a 2x or swapping rear derailleur for something of similar quality but longer cage. Of course I would get high quality cables and housing for better shifting and braking but that could be said on any bike that could use new cables and housing.

However personally bikes like this are a bit harsh and very little tire clearance at the rear usually so not my first choice for a flat bar bike. Though at the very least you could add a Kinekt seatpost which will help a good bit.