Old 05-19-22, 12:21 AM
JessyMathers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
So many questions!

You planning on pulling the trailer with your bike and the dogs at the same time? (Not sure what that would look like.)

Is the trailer going to have brakes? (Probably, a requirement. Especially, going downhill.)

That's 100 lb for an empty trailer? What's the weight of the other stuff?

Crummy brakes on a cheap kid's bike designed for 80 (?) pounds holding back 250 pounds of trailer, possessions, and a person. Sounds like a great plan.

​​​​​​

Yea thanks. I'm aware of the issue. My dad said he might be able to install automatic brakes into the camper. We haven't gotten that far on the build yet, so we'll see what happens when the time comes.

I don't really have pictures of the camper yet cuz we haven't built much of it yet. It will probably be about 80-100 pounds empty, and the gear will probably be at least another 100 pounds.

The setup will be my dogs out front, they'll be attached to my bike in the front by the handlebars, then my camper will be behind me on the bike attached to the bike. Camper won't hit the dogs because my bike will be there between it and them. It will be just like bikejoring except with a bicycle camper attached behind my bike, like you would with a camper for bike touring or with a kids riding cart.