View Single Post
Old 08-11-21, 06:47 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 890 Posts
91° F with 60% relative humidity didn't really put me off this afternoon. Back in South Georgia, 50 years back at this point, that would have been considered a nice, warm day in August, with "hot" reserved for fiercer values of both variables. The AQI of 71, however--mostly due to ozone, with a photochemical haze that hovered on the threshold of visibility--we would have objected to mightily. We liked our hot, humid air relatively clean, there and then, and through dumb luck mostly got it that way, then. There and now? Perhaps not. Nevertheless, I rolled up to Lexington on the Surly, also on the Minuteman, despite the minor irritation to my mucous membranes.

There was a bit of a queue at the Mass. & Mystic intersection, waiting for the light to change and release the next squadron of cyclists and walkers onto the bikeway. That MBTA bus released less perfume than I was expecting, perhaps not one of the old diesels.

As is often the case, the traffic on the Minuteman was a small study in Random Walk, with clumps of riders interspersed with periods of several minutes of solitude.

The Queen Anne's Lace reminded me that, in spite of everything, we have reached Deep Summer.

Riding home, I skirted the Arlington Farmer's Market. Dinner was already provided for, so I resolved to stop some other Wednesday.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 08-11-21 at 10:32 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: