View Single Post
Old 04-29-22, 12:13 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 2,832 Times in 1,545 Posts
Originally Posted by -holiday76
Anyhoo, as luck would have it i have a chronic case of "cotton mouf" which as it turns out makes it really hard to send multiple post cards, so I nixed that idea.

I planned to come back on the sketch and telegraph idea mentioned above (below? who really knows, button machines, am i right?) but I don't have the right kind of lead in my pencil and I couldn't find a properly licensed and accredited telegraphy operator within walking distance (I no longer drive ,ride bikes, or walk too far on account of my slippers having worn out ).

Not someone to disappoint or let my friends down,,,,the backup to the backup plan was crank up the ol EyE PHONE and snap a pic. Again, as luck would have it there was a filter on the damn thing called "Dramatic Cool" that thankfully took ALLL of the guesswork out of getting the lighting right, and so forth, as it were. You barely even have to pay attention to what you're doing to get really good pics, as you'll see.

Notwithstanding and with that said, with no further ads due I'll go ahead and share this with you. As it stands, this is my JACK TAYLOR project , ready for paint.

Just kidding, It's not ready for paint yet. First I need to cut the "extra pieces off", prep it for the battery attachment point, weld some things back on, and so forth. You folks know how it goes.

Did you see those lugs? Look at the dropouts? If you did then you noticed my 1988 "Brian All-Star Team" trophy, so you know you're dealing with someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

I bet you guys don't even know how to weld aluminum, do you?

Psssh.

I know you're going to want more so hold you're horses, i'll be back somewhere between 2-162 weeks assuming I don't succumb to welding zinc (not recommended).

Just kidding. I probably won't be back.

wow didn't know your alter ego was Drew Gugie. some aspects of that picture are down right scary