Old 05-16-22, 09:45 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Miles2go
Congratulations on the new bike! If you don't know what kind of sealant the bike came with, it might be a good idea to clean the tires and rims before using the sealant you want to use.

Also, pay little attention to time intervals for servicing that works for others. This depends on too many factors and you'd be better served to check the sealant level every couple of weeks, so you learn the routine needed in your own riding situation.
I'll also pass on that it's helpful to position the valve stems at the 5 or 7 o'clock position every time you park the bike; this allows the valve stems to drain, putting off clogging issues, etc.
lol, strangely enough in the 8-9 years that I’ve been using tubeless I’ve never thought of parking my wheels with valves in any particular position but it makes sense!

Funnily enough, I decided to wash/lube the bike yesterday. We’re coming into our hot season and since I had the time I decided to rotate my front tire to the rear which I basically never do. Of course, both tires were completely dry of sealant, I think the last time I added was about 3-4mths ago but I probably didn’t put much in and it’s been pretty warm here as of late.