View Single Post
Old 11-29-22, 02:00 PM
Cworthy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rvman
I've had my EP2-Pro since Oct 2022, and if it wasn't for this bike, I would still be on the couch. My analog bikes don't work for me anymore with all the hills I have to deal with. It was hard to give up bicycling, but with 2 knee replacements and a fused ankle my riding days unless it was perfectly flat wasn't going to happen. Now I enjoy going up them, and just using enough power to get to the top without working to hard, and also trying to conserve as much AH's as I can. I love all of that. I can also just sit upright and just use the throttle. So many options, but I ride an Ebike so I can enjoy the experience of riding even with disabilities. On the other hand , yesterday I rode these hills in pas level 2 for 11 miles, and believe me, it was a workout, and yes when I got tired I just twisted the throttle. For my type of riding, I will never go analog again. I'm hooked.
Hi RVman -- That's a good-looking folding bike, and I'm glad it's made biking fun again. My guess is that the pedaling is strengthening all those supporting muscles around your knees. I couldn't agree more about the exercise advantage of getting just enough pedal assistance to avoid pain but still get the benefits of exercise. When I first visited magicyclebike.com that variable pedal assistance was something that really appealed to me. My cruiser has seven PAS levels, and each level is completely adjustable to my preferences. My knees are o.k., but in my case, the challenge is recovering from a "widowmaker" heart attack and emergency quad bypass surgery. My cardiologist had prescribed what seemed a rather large number of exercise hours. I knew I would never do it unless it was fun, and e-bikes are definitely fun! It's a rare day that I'm not out riding.
Likes For Cworthy: