Jan Feetz
de oranje

Bikes: ItalVega, Guerciotti SLX, Litespeed T1, Oma Fiets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Harhir
Got my first ebike because riding a loaded cargo bike without motor became a bit too hard going uphill. So I got me a slightly used Radwagon 3. I also want to convert one of my commuter recumbents to an ebike.
For me bicycles are primarily transportation vehicles and not exercise equipment. Yes it is great if you can combine both, but why do we need to move two tonnes of steel to transport a human body from point A to point B?
I commute by bike and run most my errands by bike. Commuting, shopping, doctor visits, ...
Therefore I don't understand the hatred towards ebikes here in the US. People need to understand and learn that bicycles are great transportation vehicles and not just something you race on the road, through the woods or ride through a park. And if ebikes help to get more people using bikes for their daily errands instead of using a car we are all better of. And so is our planet.
Most persons dont hate the ebike. Rather most persons hate the ebike rider. Why? Some, like those on this forum ride responsibly, wereas the majority on those who ride the ebike, ride recklessly. Ebike riders are becoming more hated than the arrogant Roadie.
Likes For Jan Feetz: