View Single Post
Old 08-08-21, 08:49 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
Horizontal length from middle of seat-tube to the middle of the head-tube is approximately 67.5cm.
Vertical length from middle of bottom bracket to the top of the Seat-tube is approximately 46cm.

Horizontal length is kinda long for me (5'6" height) but it looks like I can manage the reach by using a minimal length stem (38mm).
Hmm. The Simon site lists top tube length at 560mm, which is 42mm longer than the biggest Nano frame size, and the seat tube length (frame height) at the same 460mm you cite, which is 70mm shorter than the Nano. Nano’s head tube length is also 25mm longer, suggesting stack height on the Simon may be lower, but then the fork axle-to-crown height on the Simon looks taller, perhaps making up the difference.

I’d certainly welcome the added reach, but needing ~3” more seatpost extension is getting pretty extreme, so I’ll need to look at what the implications are there. Were it an OS seat post diameter, I’d feel more at ease I think, but maybe finding a sufficiently long 27.2 post is easier than I think.