View Single Post
Old 09-15-21, 10:41 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
I had noticed not long after joining the Bike Forum, this question is asked often. There are some very passionate riders whom believe their way of riding is the only right way for everyone, not just themselves. So then a whole lot of people will join in to either agree or oppose and some arguments ensue and everyone kind of leaves the thread with a level of negativity about others.

I myself see hybrids, mtn bikes, road bikes take long rides on rails to trails / canal trails. Example: Pittsburgh to DC. I've seen all of these bikes and a few fat bikes as well make this journey. There is no right bike for everyone, but a right bike for the rider.
Anyone able to ride over 330 miles on any of the above bikes to me has proved the riders and bikes are capable of long distances.

I myself am looking forward to riding a metric century this fall on the Great Alleghany with not just a hybrid, but a "sport" hybrid with a suspension. That is an entirely different subject about having or not having a suspension!
Likes For travbikeman: