View Single Post
Old 09-16-21, 01:42 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,192 Times in 606 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I was thinking more about this thread and came back to say the same thing as badger1. "Hybrid" covers A LOT of VERY DIFFERENT bikes.

IMO the "comfort-hybrid" bike has a limited useful range, but that is only limited by the rider and how much time they have.

"Hybrid bike" also includes bikes intended for long distances, like "trekking-hybrid" bikes.

Other bikes that are can be called "hybrid": cross bike or flat-bar road bike; commuter bikes; city bikes; ....

So "hybrid" is basically a useless term, the OP should be more specific.
Yep. Neither new bike (black) or its predecessor has ever held me back as far as rides of whatever distance/duration are concerned. Both are commonly referred to as 'hybrids'. Neither is a 'hybrid' of anything. They are just my bikes. If I called them anything, I'd call them 'flat-bar road bikes'. I've set them up to suit me and the cycling I do: city streets, MUP system, paved and smooth dirt roads; anything from 20 minutes to a long day out; anything from a few blocks to the shops, to a hundred miles* -- all solo.

* Only three times over the years, just to see if I could. Gettin' too old and decrepit now. 40>60 miles is a more typical long ride for me.

Likes For badger1: