View Single Post
Old 06-02-22, 12:38 AM
PimpMan

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ign1te
Even if u did not exceed the minimum insertion depth, having that much leverage on a seat post is probably not a good idea. You are too heavy for that configuration basically. Find a bike more suited to your size.
Forgot to mention this seat post cost $3 int he store and its made of metal, but weights no more than aluminum seat post, so too thin.

I have even smaller folding bike i want to use, frame size should not be the limit.

Originally Posted by Rolla
That looks like way too much seatpost exposed above the collar, but it's also pretty much the lowest-common-denominator style of seatpost. Get a 400mm+ seatpost that's made out of aluminum and has a head and fixing bolts attached.

And don't lean your bike up against poison ivy.
Its 400mm seat post, exposed only 240mm min insertion point marked at 90mm so its all within specs.

I had to raise it that much so my knees don't bend when pedals in the lowest position.

Because rear shock gets compressed when i sit down i had to raise seat more.

Originally Posted by soyabean
Seatposts that require the 14mm nut seat clamps are made with thin cheapie steel that is very soft.

Modern aluminum seatposts with the seat mounts will be stronger because it'll be a lot thicker.

Now is your chance to get a really long one like 450mm if you can find, so it will sink well into the frame.
Thanks for advice, why i need 450mm though? 400mm seat post was filling 95% of the frame when adjusted for my height, if its any longer it will be sticking out of the bottom potentially hitting the rear shock when its fully compressed.

Last edited by PimpMan; 06-02-22 at 12:46 AM.