View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 04:56 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
The guy who is dating her now met her on a group ride, might have been this one, they both were former runners so they hit it off I guess. He's about your age (I assume) at 57 so he's doing pretty good for himself, dating a girl that I was after haha. There isn't anything wrong or sexist about asking a girl out when riding, obviously I wouldn't do it during the ride but we happened on each other after the ride and talked for a bit, she had lots of nice things to say to me and was impressed. A few weeks later I passed her when chasing an Alto Velo squad, she was visibly surprised and said "you're amazing" without thinking. Why wouldn't I ask her out, shes being all smiley and complimenting me. Hell, her boyfriend knew my name and rolled up on me and introduced himself as her boyfriend, maybe because he knew I was thinking about shooting my shot. People can make women feel uncomfortable everywhere, hard rules like don't bang your coworkers or don't ask someone out at the gym don't solve the problem of creepy guys and suavey guys can ask women out at most places in a way doesn't make them uncomfortable. I'm not a suavey guy though haha, only good at flirting with much older women.

In other words I'm mad that I missed my opportunity to tell people my name is Tuck, which is short for Supertuck but they would all think its short for Tucker. Eventually if anyone asked id tell them its short for Supertuck. Unfortunately they know my real name, maybe once I switch cities
I had to go put waders on. It's getting deep in here.