View Single Post
Old 08-30-21, 08:02 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
deaninkl I agree with you on gearing for gravel bikes. Lower gearing is where I'm at anymore. I can't push a gravel bike as fast as my road bike. I like the idea of a high-low or triple front. I'm not racing so I don't have the chain issues racers have. The new bikes are going to rear derailleur only so I would consider the ability to change the front chainring to a size that gives you your gearing. Crank specifications would be very important so you know you can get a smaller chainring to work. If you don't mind a double or triple up front then the same goes there too. I've seen road triples that really didn't allow for small chainrings. Mountain bike triples will allow the smaller size chainrings. Be sure to do your homework on this technical subject Good luck.