rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,648 Times in 2,924 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn
I'm not sure Lesser Seattle would appreciate our posting pictures of the area tempting more folks to move here. Your pictures keep tempting me to put the bike on the rack and driving to the North Bend area. Of course, that would trigger PTSD since I got hit by a pickup truck there many years ago on an organized ride. Taken to Snoqualmie Valley Hospital where when I dropped my bike shorts gravel spilled out - explaining the burning sensation that I had been feeling. I was black and blue in areas one should never be black and blue. His mirror hit my left shoulder and I did a 180 as my butt dented in the entire side wall of his pickup's bed. My friend thought I was dead but after rolling a number of times (sky and ground, sky and ground, sky/ground), I popped up ALIVE! I had a hole cut in my saddle for a few years after that.

But I digress. I, too, appreciate when folks post pictures of their areas. When I go with a friend there's barely anytime to grab a shot - she keeps on moving, not necessarily fast, just moving.
Don’t worry, I go my truck fixed.

Injuries with vehicles are never good. Glad you survived and lived to ride again.

Did 5000 miles in the area last year with zero close calls and none so far this year. Think you just had an unlucky day. Try riding the Middle Fork road out to the end and back. Start in N. Bend. It has very light traffic and the scenery is unsurpassed except in the alps.

Likes For rsbob: