tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
I have done plenty of of research. I got my degree in Electronic Engineering in 1998 and have watched the technology evolve. 40 years as a motorcyclist and hunter have given me lots of opportunities to see land access be taken away do to conflicts. We are extremely lucky as mountain bikers right now, it is the only group that has had public land access and trail networks expanded in the last 25 years or so. Don't screw it up!
And there's your problem. You're stuck in an archaic mindset, believing that anyone riding an ebike is hell bent on doing what dirt bikers do. I ride ebikes to allow me to have the ability to ride the same trails and paths that ANY bicyclist can. And it's "assisted", not straight motor powered with no human input. A bike without the ability to actually pedal is akin to a moped, and I'll agree that they technically don't belong on trails, EXCEPT when a person with a physical disability is using it. I qualify, as I have Covid related breathing issues. I couldn't care less about a degree. Times and tech have changed, and outdated "opinions" need to be put by the wayside.