View Single Post
Old 06-17-19, 10:56 PM
luisdans

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quick update: It's confirmed that the Proform TDF 5.0 does not support pedaling while standing!!! The belt slides and there is no resolution in the mechanism except upgrading to another bike such as the Nordictrack S22i. Worst: The return is costing me $660. ($250 freight, $249 white glove assembly, $165 restocking fee). And Yes, multiple youtube videos show a rider standing on the bike but it's simply too difficult. Worst: Many iFit trainings require you to stand, so in my opinion there should be warnings, they told me they don't sell a spin bike.... Other issues I found are: 1) Resolution of the TDF is low res, 2) Google experience is outdated, 3) Adjustments for multiple riders are annoying, 4) resistance levels 1-10 are too weak, makes no sense to have them. 5) Screen rotates 180 degrees but only 90 left or right, so if you place the bike on a corner you will need HDMI on another monitor since they also don't support casting. The worst: I got a reply from them without any other text than a pointer to the return policy, no absolute interest to discuss the issues. Posting this so other people avoid making the same mistake...