View Single Post
Old 05-06-22, 01:39 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by nodnerb
Honking is a hostile act? LOLOLOLOLOL Wow I guess cars should be banned for having horns and inciting violence. Around here, a quick chirp of the horn is a totally common and accepted way to warn someone you are there, or even to let someone know you saw them and let them into your lane or what have you (bike or car). Laying on the horn is another story.
Either way, you have no idea what particular situation I was in, or the OP. If you were biking at 4 km hour, middle of the only lane in rush hour traffic for blocks on end with a dozen cars behind you while there is a bike lane right beside, and flipping off all the cars that honk, I'd be happy to see you get mowed down, Karen. (Although no one should ever do that)

Think you got that Karen backwards, Karen, you're the one chiding people for their riding habits and acting all authoritative. Chirp on the horn is a warning, I said "except as a warning". Using the horn to express displeasure is most definitely a hostile act, as is giving someone the finger.

I will not be happy if you get killed, btw, and I think it's pretty disgusting that you're sticking to that line.

Last edited by livedarklions; 05-06-22 at 01:46 PM.