Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3911 Post(s)
Liked 1,960 Times in 1,398 Posts
Originally Posted by bblair
The Mrs. and I are going to ride our tandem Sunday too. Only second time out for her, as she is a Goldilocks Rider. Not too cold, not too hot, not too early........you know the deal. We can leave from our house and do a 30 miler with coffee and cake half way.
That's fun! A section of our riding group is called Goldilocks - not too hard, not too easy. We also have Rabbit, Laugher, and Slacker groups. Thus Goldilocks is between Rabbit and Laugher.

I posted a ride last Sunday which had over 100'/mile of steep, short climbs for the first 10 miles or so.. Our tandem had a hard time with that, and my dear Stoker had sore tendons the next few days - the outer (lateral) hamstring tendons (biceps femoris), both legs. Never heard of that before. We've been doing a mix of easy spinning and strength work with them, is working. Should be OK for this Sunday (we hope). Besides hoping, this Sunday's route has easier climbs. We ride with Goldilocks on routes with lower gradients, Laugher on the steeper routes.