cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 671 Times in 454 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
excited for the best week (plus an encore day) of cycling coming up from 4.17-4.24...

paris-roubaix 4.17

la flèche wallonne 4.20

liège-bastogne-liège 4.24.
Quite a few possibles... and there have been some real surprises, like Kwiatkowski...
WHat I'm interested in seeing is the MVDP - WVA confrontation. To me its seemed that the WVA changes his riding / methodology, when MVDP is in the field. To the point it seems to be even 'defensive'. In all other situations he rides aggressively, as if for sure he's gonna win... But when MVDP is there, he subtly seems to deflect his aggressiveness. In his attempt to be cunning, he loses initiative... At least it seems that way... I think its mindset which goes back to their head-to-head in the CX races...
They're both awesome riders, and each has his strong suits... And when they're in the same race, being dually 'marked' is a tough barrier to break through...
If WVA gets back in the peloton, the Ardennes races should be incredible (given all the other talent which is 'on form' and will also be assembled).
Other Q is if Pogacar does P-R, how will he fair on relentless cobbles. Gravel is one thing... Belgian Block is a whole other 'cage fighting' thing.
...hoping for some 'weather'...
Ride On
Yuri