rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked 5,636 Times in 2,920 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn
I did STP ONCE!! Two days. Seattle to Castle Rock on Day One and to Portland on Day Two. I had three requests. No heat, no headwind and no rain! Lost on all three. First day it was in the 90's. Woke up the second day and announced to my crowded motel mates, "you won't believe this" It was pouring. Rained most of the way into Portland and there was a headwind. And someone had strewn tacks on the roadway outside of Portland. Lots of folks sitting in the wet grass fixing flats. Yup, ONCE was more than enough! Oh, and I think we were close to that 10,000 riders - "On your left, on your left!!!!" And damn support vehicles always along the road looking for their folks. Then we took Amtrak back to Seattle. Off the train and a super truck rally was just getting out of the King Dome. Topped it off!!
Absolutely rotten luck. You certainly hit a confluence of the worst. I rode it 3X, 1 two day and 2 one days. On the second one day, it rained from Vader all the way to Portland. That was my last STP. This year the riders might face rain on day 2. I hope not.

Likes For rsbob: